Shopping for a commercial electric cheese grater? You have options. MANY OPTIONS! Here are a few tips we’ve learned at ALFA–over 77 years–that you should know.
After importing commercial food prep equipment for three generations we believe that best commercial electric cheese graters are still made in Italy, where freshly grated cheese is a key part of the food culture. If you’ve had the pleasure of eating a meal in Italy, or a sample from the wheel of Parmigiano-Reggiano above, you know exactly what we mean.
Chances are that your favorite local supermarket or delicatessen uses a similar electric cheese grater to grate fresh cheeses for you on a Saturday morning. These graters use a rotating cylindrical drum with sharp spikes to grate cheese, so operator safety is very important.
Here are the features that you should look for in a commercial hard cheese grater
- Safety Interlock Switch on the handle that prevents operation when the handle is lifted and the sharp, spiked drum is exposed.
- Gear-Driven Motors are superior to a Belt-driven motors, which can slip under pressure. Remember: safety first.
- Stainless Steel Catch Bowl and Drum for better sanitation
- Minimum of 1 HP Motor to withstand commercial use in a supermarket or deli. A 1.5 HP model is even better.
- Safety Grate under the bottom opening to keep fingers out
- Anodized Aluminum and Chrome Finish Construction for more durability
- Clear Rubber Cover for the ON/OFF Switch to keep moisture and food out, and ensure long-lasting equipment
- CE Approval to meet safety and sanitation requirements
Happy Shopping! If you have questions for ALFA’s team of restaurant equipment experts, don’t hesitate to reach out at 1-800-327-2532. or visit us at www.alfaco.com.